Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement

I am most proud of the activity because I felt that engaged many people and it was interesting to see what others had to say. I honestly felt like a lot of people learned new things and that was my main objective. I feel that a lot of students left with new information and have new perspectives on Latino Education. 

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     I would give myself an AE because I felt that I met the standards that were required and wet beyond. I felt like I did not just do a presentation, but a lecture kinda of thing, which made others think. I did not just present information, but I made it relatable and useful information. 

For my overall senior project I would also give myself an AE because the quality of my research, and product of different components were great. I feel like I have worked very hard on my senior project not for the grade, but because I am passionate about my project. I feel like I deserve the recognition for my work. I always tried to go beyond what was needed whether it was on my independent component, service learning, etc. I always tried to find the best. 

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?


My senior project topic worked for me because it was something that I could connect to and made it a delight to research. If I would have done my senior project on a hobby or something like that I feel like it would have been a struggle to research and present on it. I loved my senior project topic because it allowed me freedom to explore different areas and is something that I was able to apply!  

(4) What didn’t work for you in your senior project?


I would have preferred to have much more time with my 2 hr house to actually prep for the presentation. I feel like we only met a couple times, but if I actually asked people about it I would have not stressed out. 

(5) Finding Value

The senior project has been helpful because it has prepared me and allowed me to see that I am capable of speaking for 2 hours. I never thought that it would be possible, but it was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. I actually feel that I could have talked for so much more if I really wanted to. It has also helped me understand how I could efficiently organize different things through the working bib, and senior towers. I feel like I am able to organize my thoughts better. I am thankful to have had the opportunity to do a senior project and research something that I was passionate about. Because of my senior project I have been able to organize and communicate with others effectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment